Boots will always be a classic timeless choice for both genders, but when it comes to being a man, you know that boots aren’t just for fashion. In fact, boots and similar types of shoes can add make your daily life much easier and functional. Of course you can combine fashion with practical benefits, but this is not necessary and depends on the circumstance e.g. daily home tasks, going-out, work, etc.
Unfortunately many men are clueless, on how to choose the right shoe for a particular occasion which can sometimes ruin your whole look and image you are trying to achieve. If in doubt, you can ask a good female friend or wear something that falls between formal and informal, avoiding extremes.
To make you determine the right boots or shoes for you here is a quick practical shoe guide below:
Keeping it Casual? Make Sure You Wear These
- Athletic shoes and sneakers. Athletic shoes and sneakers are totally informal yet they are still ideal for everyday home tasks. Just be careful not to choose something too bright, especially if you are not too young because you might look funny or simply the colors won’t match. Instead, choose a basic shoe with neutral solid colors and simple patterns.
- Suede loafers. If you are fed-up with wearing athletic shoes and sneakers, suede loafers are a great alternative since they are both casually comfortable and stylish. If you are old and conservative go for the classic black, brown, light beige and
- Slip-ons. Slip-ons are very similar to suede loafers but in a more enhanced and functional way. Many times they have thicker, more durable soles and
- Casual ankle cotton or suede booties. Ankle cotton or suede booties are definitely not “hardcore” but they are comfortable and stylish for simple everyday use
Rocking a Blue-Collar Job? Then Grab a Pair of Work Boots
- Timberland boots. Every man that respects himself knows that Timberland boots are great for average “manly work” like fixing small things and never look old or worn-out. If you don’t handle any heavy duty machinery, these are amazing work boots for your needs.
- Dress boots/shoes. These booties (something between shoe and a boot) are ideal for making a professional statement of authority in the office and work meetings.
- Extra durable, waterproof boots. If you have to do heavy-duty tasks inside or outside, these boots will last you for years.
So, whether you are lounging at home with the guys drinking beer, working-out or simply being at work, there many choices of shoes to choose from.